Corporate & Executive Coaching, Direction & Speaker Training
Guy Masterson is an Olivier Award winning producer, actor, director and writer. An entertainer for 35 years, he has worked on over 150 shows. He is one of the most highly awarded independent presenters at the Edinburgh Festival over 26 consecutive seasons since 1994. As a theatre director, he is responsible for several of its biggest ever hits. As an actor, he is globally renowned for his solo performances. He is also a succesful director of corporate events, a playwright, dramaturg and acting, voice and corporate coach. (see Biography for further details)
Guy Masterson obtained a joint honours degree in Chemistry and Biochemistry from the University of Wales (graduating Magna Cum Laude) before training as a performer at both UCLA and LAMDA.
Over his profressional career, he has studied and implemented many theatrical doctrines. A veteran of 11 solo shows and the director of 25, he has also owned and run several diverse companies ranging from Carpenting, General Contracting, Dot-Coms and several entertainment operations including Theatre Tours International Ltd and The Centre for International Theatre, Adelaide Australia. Through his combined theatrical and business experience he has developed a unique approach to coaching individuals in preparation for important public speaking events and/or presentations and performances. In 2013, he Show Directed Samsung's global product launch, Samsung Unpacked Episode 2 Berlin 2013 Most recently, he Speaker-Trained Samsung executives for Samsung Unpacked Episode 3 Berlin 2014 in September 2014.
He is an expert in Voice and Dialect coaching, message comprehension and delivery, movement and orientation, relaxation, body language and the creation of "presence" and the release of charisma.
THE GUY MASTERSON METHOD
PERFECT PITCH (the system)
"Perfect Pitch is not just about what you are saying, but how you sound, how you look, how you feel... and how you feel about what you are saying."
A personal impact training course for Executives and Managers...
We have all heard that communication is 75% body language. I believe this to be accurate, which is why my coaching techniques focus on elements of presentation that are rarely honed to our advantage.
Of course, every strong presentation starts with a strong message - a strong script - but regardless of its strength, no script can survive a weak delivery.
The strength of any public presentation lies in the appearance of confidence. By confidence, I mean the appearance of self-belief - not merely arrogance or loud talking or acting confident! Once your audience believe you, they will hang on to your every word!
My work is designed to analyse my clients, their material and their audience and to tailor an efficient programme to maximise existing skills while developing others.
Sessions can be swift, efficient and intense for specific time-sensitive presentations or spread over a programme of days, weeks or months depending on individual needs.
Even after a few sessions, clients will develop a performance edge that will give them presentation advantages they did not possess before.
"Perfect Pitch is much more than just learning how to speak in public. It is designed to develop communication expertise that will stay with you in the AGM, the Convention or even just in the Boardroom." Guy Masterson
CORPORATE & EXECUTIVE COACHING (individual or group)
Many executives have to prepare high pressure presentations from the small to giant scale. I work with execs from Page to Stage, Text to Delivery, to optimise their performance for content, communciation, technical and charisma.
1) From Page To Stage: Clarify and condense the message, adding humour where appropriate and ensuring the final script is spot on message. I
2) Voice & Dialect Coaching: Vocal maximisation, releasing the individual's vocal power, strength and authority, imparting techniques for delivery with maximum impact and clarity. This may or may not involve dialect work for non-English speakers - or to maximise or minimise regional accents for the desired effect.
3) Movement & Orientation: Techniques for using the presentation space for maximum effect. This may involve using a wireless microphone instead of being tied to a podium. Use of angles, sight-lines, eye-contact, far and near focus.
4) Relaxtion: Techniques for attaining peace and inner-focus prior to presentation - even when surrounded by others.
5) Body Language: An intense analysis of the client's natural body language. Is it aiding or hindering the message? Techniques for eliminating distracting ticks, hand and body movements, for maximising eye contact and incorporation of gesture only when appropriate and for maximum effect.
6) Presence and Charisma: Charisma is something you are born with. Presence can be crafted. They result in the same thing - domination of attention - but sometimes, too much charisma can detract from the main message or the message is drowned by it. Other times, a client's nerves can undermine their presence. I offer teqhniques for developing the confidence to be bold and courageous even when you feel it least. Invaluable tools (& tricks) for "holding an audience" - as they say - "in the palm of your hand".
- Initial 1 hour consultation takes place in the client's office.
- New Clients are offered the consultation free if the programme is taken up.
- There is a 15% discount for referrals.
- Time is billed by the hour. (minimum session of 1 hour).
- Single, couple or group sessions can be aranged hourly, daily or weekly, domestically or internationally.
- All travel expenses are billable.
- Cancellations are fully billable or may be rearranged at 1.5 x the contracted rate.
- REFERENCES PROVIDED UPON REQUEST
SPEAKER TRAINING (individual or group)
Many companies are using employees to work alongside professional presenters for product presentations and expos. These voices can add a very authentic feel to any presentation, but very often, these employees have little or no experience of presenting or communicating directly with their customers and particularly being thrown into a very public arena, often full of technology and pressure! I work with such presenters to optimise their content delivery, communication, presence and technical utilisation to maximise their effectiveness for public and corporate presentations.
1) Text Comprehension: A complete analysis of the text to find the message, energy and action.
2) Finding the Cadence: Methods for honing the 'out-loud' message for conciseness and clarity.
3) Technical: Techniques for presenting live and/or on camera using microphones, foldback, teleprompts or ear-pieces.
4) Voice & Dialect Coaching: Vocal maximisation, releasing the individual's vocal poWer, strength and authority, imparting techniques for delivery with maximum impact and clarity.
5) Movement & Orientation: use of wireless mics (instead of being tied to a podium). Angles, sight-lines, eye-contact, far and near focus. Maximising effect of movment in the space.
6) Body Language: Eliminating distracting ticks, hand and body movements, for maximising eye contact and incorporation of gesture only when appropriate and for maximum effect.
7) Presence and Charisma: Developing the confidence to be bold and courageous even when you feel it least. Invaluable tools for "holding an audience" - as they say - "in the palm of your hand".
- Typically, I offer my services to an events company or the company that is presneting.
- Time is billed by the day. (Minimum session: 1/2 a day).
- Single, couple or group sessions can be aranged half daily, daily or weekly, domestically or internationally.
- All travel expenses are billable including accommodation where appropriate.
Per Diems are billed for overnight stays.
- Cancellations within 1 month are half billable if not rearranged
Cancellations within 1 week are fully billable.
(Guy Masterson was Show director on SAMSUNG UNPACKED 2013 in Berlin (Samsung's showpiece product launch) where he worked closely with the writer and 1 professional and 3 employee presenters
In 2014, he was Speaker Trainer for SAMSUNG UNPACKED 2104 Berlin, responsible for Coaching 1 professional and 2 Employee presenters. All under the auspices of Jack Morton Worldwide) REFERENCES PROVIDED UPON REQUEST